· Total Members: 260
· Newest Member: MattyFenby
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
 Print Thread
Purpose of this site
TinyLegions
As everyone knows by now the Warhammer world as we know it is no longer. While I thought that what GW produces was a good set of rules,(agreeably not the greatest out there) I don't think that we as players should be permanently captioned to the whims of the head office in Nottingham. Honestly I think that GW peeked more or less for Fantasy back in the early to mid 2000's. After that the fantasy part of the game has been one of the parts of the game that I have been loosing interested steadily over the past years. While not perfect and subject to abusive play, I think that the 6th edition was one of the best sets of rules that we have had from GW, and the best editions that I have personally experienced. It seems to be a shame for us as a community to just dump a edition of rules that had such a developed supporting and companion set of rules as the Generals Compendium and Warhammer Skirmish as well as the backup material that the Annuals had.

This site is for those who still feel that this set of rules is viable to interact with each other, and hopefully setup a way to play the editions that still appeal to us. I am focusing my efforts of this website on the fantasy side from the 4th edition when I started all the way to the 6th. Other editions have some appeal to me, but not as much as I am focusing on this site. From what I gather from other sites out there I feel that I am not alone in liking this edition more than the 8th or what GW is currently producing.

Honestly 40K never appealed to me until recently for some reason. I have since started playing in the 5th and from there on out. With that in mind I had some interest in how things work back in the previous editions as I have heard differing opinions of the previous editions. I did create a few forums for previous editions prior to my entry into 40K. This is something that I want to explore.

With all of this background as to why I put this site up, I am looking to the future where players can find each other and setup a few games. Ultimately I would like to setup an app like what we had several years back called Spielers. Spielers was basically a Match.com only for folks who want to setup games. Further down the line I do want to setup a convention if there is enough popularity to get it going.

The slogan that I have for this site sums up what exactly I am trying to do here:

[b][/
New Games with Old Rules
b]

kisanis
Glad i've joined!

Couple of pointers:

I highly suggest you add a 3rd edition fantasy and 2nd edition 40k subforum.

Otherwise I look forward to see how this goes.

Lastly, is there a way to add this to tapatalk?

Just Tony
WOOOOOOOT!!!!! We just hit double digits!

I think the main focus is leaving 3rd WFB and 2nd 40K to the Oldhammer forums/pages/groups/whatever. Think of this as Silver Age DC and them as Golden Age DC.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
kisanis wrote:

Glad i've joined!

Couple of pointers:

I highly suggest you add a 3rd edition fantasy and 2nd edition 40k subforum.

Lets wait and see for now. I don't want to steal their thunder at oldhammer as they have done a fantastic job of promoting and creating a sub-culture that I want to do. If I drive them into the ground how can I steal their ideas. Smile

Otherwise I look forward to see how this goes.

Lastly, is there a way to add this to tapatalk?

I am not sure about tapatalk, I would have to look that up.

sotek222
I think 3rd and 4th edition 40k are equivalent to 6th and 7th respectively, so maybe those would be good additions to the site and the philosophy?

Thanks,
Matthew Masiello
"Prepare to embrace your creators in the stygian haunts of hell, barbarian", gasped the first soldier.

"Only after you have kissed the fleeting stead of death, wretch!" returned Grignr.

TinyLegions
Those forums are already up:

http://www.classichammer.com/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=11

http://www.classichammer.com/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=12

sotek222
That was fast! Pfft
I do have one question regarding this sight are we allowed to post paint logs, galleries, etc?

Thanks,
Matthew Masiello
"Prepare to embrace your creators in the stygian haunts of hell, barbarian", gasped the first soldier.

"Only after you have kissed the fleeting stead of death, wretch!" returned Grignr.

TinyLegions
You certainly may post up a paint log. I will be looking to add a gallery as well to this site. The App is available from where I got the software, so it should not be too much trouble hopefully.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.