· Total Members: 163
· Newest Member: amevicu
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
 Print Thread
Resources pool
Just Tony
So I got to thinking about some of the more defunct rulesets and the add ons that were available for free on GW's website back in the day. The wayback machine fixed quite a bit of this for us:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060228...er/default.htm

However, there are some things like the Dark Shadows pack, those blasted Comp packs I'm trying to find, etc. that aren't hosted anywhere and weren't purchasable material.

Would that be something we could archive here, or does it cross a line?
Edited by Just Tony on 28-08-2015 21:40
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
I would be worried about IP and legal issues with that and GW. I want to get a legal opinion before I say yea or nay. I also need to pay for the hosting somehow, and while I don't like either option, I prefer ads over subscriptions or donations. I am not sure how all of this will work out just yet, and I don't feel like fighting GW over IP that is 15 years old.

Hold off for now, but I recommend personal archives for things like this, and advertisements of possession of these documents seems allowable. I really do like the idea of posting documents that are allowed to be disseminated freely if at all possible, and I have a hard time believing that anything that has those "permission to photocopy for personal use" notices cant be disseminated. I get the impression that I can use the downloads tab for that.

On another note, it appears that I am not the only one who saw that on warseer and spend their night downloading old material.
Edited by TinyLegions on 19-08-2015 21:19

Just Tony
And the cool part is that one of the users had the one Magic Lore card set that was a dead link on that page, so I'm swimming in it.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

sotek222
Hey I have all the lore cards except death on pdf on my computer. I even have the racial lore cards. I may even make my own death cards to make up for the missing cards. If you tell me how I should go about it id gladly share my found wealth.

Thanks,
Matthew Masiello
"Prepare to embrace your creators in the stygian haunts of hell, barbarian", gasped the first soldier.

"Only after you have kissed the fleeting stead of death, wretch!" returned Grignr.

Just Tony
To be clear, we're talking the ones that had the bright colored backs that you printed off. And yeah, I have the Death ones. We're discussing whether or not to form a database of certain things, but at this time a subtle PM will probably get you what you're looking for.

EDIT: Just noticed there's no option to add attachments on on here OR in PMs.

sotek222
yea the ones from the awesome old gw site! If and when the pm option becomes available or you guys make a database a feature let me know as we could share as much legal resources as are available.

Thanks,
Matthew Masiello
"Prepare to embrace your creators in the stygian haunts of hell, barbarian", gasped the first soldier.

"Only after you have kissed the fleeting stead of death, wretch!" returned Grignr.

Just Tony
Well now that I'm permabanned from Warseer, I'm going to have to rescan the Lore of Death cards.

I might just create an alt and see if I can't chase those cards down from the user who gave them to me.

sotek222
alright no worries if you can not. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate ban.

Thanks,
Matthew Masiello

Just Tony
It's no big. I used a work computer to print them, they should be saved under the temp files. If not, I'll scan them in as a .jpg and let one of the tech wizards here upload it.

Well, once it's decided IF we can upload those sorts of resources.

Just Tony
... and it looks like whatever temp save file it saved to for me to print them off was deleted. Of course it was. So now I have to scan in my prints. Not a big deal, just never tried to create my own pdf before.

sotek222
thats a shame. http://www.wikihow.com/Scan-Documents-Into-PDF I hope this helps. It seems to be a bit involved actually. I thought that it was simpler than that.

Thanks,
Matthew Masiello

Just Tony
Got them saved as .jpg but I have to buy the full Adobe to be able to convert to PDF

sotek222
ah well no worries man if you can't get em don't worry about it.Smile

nurglesmom
So most of you active fellas have probably already seen my recent thread about this, but I'd just like to say here that for the record I have a ton of 6th edition stuff that I'm more than willing to share when we figure out how to do that legally.

Also for the record I'm in favor of having advertising here to pay for any hosting that may be useful in the future.

Just Tony
Just Tony wrote:

So I got to thinking about some of the more defunct rulesets and the add ons that were available for free on GW's website back in the day. The wayback machine fixed quite a bit of this for us:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060228...er/default.htm

However, there are some things like the Dark Shadows pack, those blasted Comp packs I'm trying to find, etc. that aren't hosted anywhere and weren't purchasable material.

Would that be something we could archive here, or does it cross a line?

Did that link die or something? Did we have it saved in another thread?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.