· Newest Member: Vitlet
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » Rules Development
 Print Thread
Voting for House Rules for 6th Edition
Just Tony
I thought it'd be a neat idea to post a thread regarding house rules for each edition and have them maybe stickied so we could maybe build a concensus on this forum. With that being said I figure we can throw out ideas and maybe put them to a vote. I'll see if we can start a master thread with the agreed upon rules and adopt them as Classic Hammer official House Rules.

So here's my first batch of thoughts:

Lapping around - gone, no need for it.
Insane Courage - one of the few good ideas from 7th Ed. 2 on an unmodified 2D6 roll passes any LD based test
Power Dice - Power Dice generated by a Wizard can only be used by that Wizard
Spears - A unit of cavalry charging a unit equipped with spears to the front receives no non-magic strength bonuses
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
I like the idea. Let me see if I can setup a voting thread in the forum.

EDIT: we do have polls here so I will try to set one up.
Edited by TinyLegions on 20-08-2015 21:50

Galadrin
Two thoughts: lances were historically longer than spears and why is there no need for lapping?

Just Tony
It was a clumsy mechanic which could counter rank bonuses on a unit at the expense of one rank bonus from the other unit. Just unnecessary.

As far as the lances thing, it is more of a mechanic for making infantry better against cav in the game without overpowering them. Got the idea from Snoggy, he should chime in any minute hopefully.

If you can picture a visual, a unit braced for a charge with the front rank kneeling and their spears planted in the ground at an angle towards the charging cav unit. How confident would you be that they would break on your charge? Or that your lance would hit first?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
Hey! Guess what members can do now? That's right, they can add polls to the forum. I have a post in the 6th edition forum to edit once we as a community approve the various rules.
Edited by TinyLegions on 30-08-2015 15:44

Just Tony
Kill lapping around, that's the next suggestion.

Also does anyone know if the amended lores from White Dwarf were reprinted in Chronicles 3? You know, the one that had the bear rider on the front?

Galadrin
Why kill lapping around? Just curious... Never heard it was unpopular.

Just Tony
I mentioned this once before. It's a rather overpowering mechanic wherein you can kill a rank bonus simply by winning a combat. And guess what? You can pull that off simply by having more res and not by inflicting wounds. My High Elf Battle Banner can turn a lost combat to a won combat with a roll of a D6. The mechanic sucks, there's a reason they killed it in 7th.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.