· Newest Member: amevicu
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
Dark Elf High Sorceress on Pegasus - Questions
HidaSeku
I suppose this could be generalized to any Level 4 Wizard on a weak flying mount, but how would you use the Dark Elf High Sorceress on Pegasus? Obviously, there's the whole flying around, hiding, and casting spells. What more is there to it when it comes to list construction? What elements are good to add to a list to synergize with her?

The mini that I have for this is the Morathi mini. Is Morathi worth the extra points? Seems too expensive, but I'm definitely not an expert! I currently plan on using the model as a "regular" High Sorceress, but am open to opinions on this.

Lastly, is using a Dark Elf High Sorceress on a Pegasus hamstringing the list? In other words, does it feel like a handicap using the model, or does the model really help in battle? I can only imagine a lucky cannonball eliminating all the magic and points very quickly, but isn't that pretty much anything in the game?

Just Tony
You have three choices for her: flank and hunt war machines/squidgy units, shoot for a spell that causes terror and force checks and hope someone flees, hop around your own battle line and shoot off distance spells until you can get up close and personal with the rest of the army. I think you could potentially use her to cast the spell that flings a unit forward in a charge on some Dark Riders or Cold One Knights so you can get a flank off. That's about it, unless you want a bubble spell in the middle of the enemy battle line. Honestly there's not much to do but accept that ANY missile fire will sweep that Pegasus out from underneath her.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

snyggejygge
Yeah a Pegasus is generally a good choice for cheap riders, an expensive rider will get focus fired & lose the mount underneath them unless you can give the mount a save.

If you really want to use it I would use it to move around your own backlines.

Just Tony
Yeah, giving buffs as necessary. Good call.

Plus, NOT being a Large Target means it won't get picked out by fire like a Dragon or Manticore.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.