· Total Members: 143
· Newest Member: QMarcoPoloXTR
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
 Print Thread
Inactive Benevolent Dictator for a while
TinyLegions
I have some very bad news. One of my parents is entering into in-home hospice care. I am sure that you know what happens next. It has been a rough couple of months already as we did not know how bad things were until earlier this week, and it wont get easier for me for some time. I will try to login from time to time to do the absolute necessary updates that only I can do, which is kind of what I have been doing since this started. Hopefully after this, I can start focusing on this site, and other things that may actually occupy my time and mind as I recover from my mourning. Right now I am officially on leave from my work while this is going on. A little word of advice, if you have not done it in a while, tell you loved ones how much you love them this weekend.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Just Tony
Wishing you condolences, and hoping that some peace can be found amongst these troubled times.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Geep
Condolences on the situation. I hope everything goes as well as it can, given the circumstances.

HidaSeku
Rough times. Thoughts go out to you and your family.

elendor
My condolences, I wish you good luck and strength of spirit to deal with the hard situation.

Thanks for being so open and taking care of the website.
"They thought the Library was a dangerous place because of all the magical books, which was true enough, but what made it really one of the most dangerous places there could ever be was the simple fact that it was a library."
Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

TinyLegions
Update: My parent has passed almost two months ago. I got my other parent secured in a retirement home that will take care of them properly. I am only down to cleaning and selling the home that they used to be in. While still a lot of task for me to do, the worst of it is over.

I want to thank everyone for their condolences and patience. I am back for the most part, and looks like just enough time as JT is now off for training.
Your Benevolent dictator

Geep
Sorry for your loss TinyLegions. Even when you know it's coming it's never something you can really brace for.

Just Tony
You have my sincere condolences. The liquidation of the property may be the hardest part for someone in full time care, so I empathize for you there. And while I am now able to pop in a bit, I can't really kill spammers, so that will happen when I get back.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
Ill take care of the spammers. Damn Commies.
Your Benevolent dictator

Geep
I don't know who's around at the moment, but I found some people on FB complaining that they couldn't join this forum.

One specifically is Vincent Asmuth, who says that when he tries to create an account: "Tried it 3 times (with my actual name and a non offensive email address) but got an SQL error message that something could not be found in a table."

Incidentally, advertising on the Warhammer Fantasy Battle 6th ed page may be a good idea if their admins allow it?

Just Tony
Advertising as far as this site? Or advertising as far as word of mouth of our site on another site?

Also, as I got through the applications, I run every IP through a spammer database. If that poster is a legit poster, it should have taken. Unless there's something he missed in the application process. I'll give it another look...

Geep
I was just thinking making some kind of 'official post' to advertise this site on one of the many FB groups, and the like.

Just Tony
I don't have a Facebook account, but I'd graciously accept anyone here to advertise on our behalf.

TinyLegions
Geep wrote:

I don't know who's around at the moment, but I found some people on FB complaining that they couldn't join this forum.

One specifically is Vincent Asmuth, who says that when he tries to create an account: "Tried it 3 times (with my actual name and a non offensive email address) but got an SQL error message that something could not be found in a table."

Incidentally, advertising on the Warhammer Fantasy Battle 6th ed page may be a good idea if their admins allow it?

That is disturbing to me, especially when every bot in Russia has no problem making accounts here. I will try to look at what we can do to make things easier to work with, yet still keep the security protocols.
Your Benevolent dictator

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.