· Newest Member: amevicu
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
Next army idea
Just Tony
So as we have been expanding our gaming club, my brother and I have been looking into slowly getting more armies added to the mix. A near miss with a ridiculously cheap ebay auction of a Skull Pass set made both Dwarfs and the Orcs and Goblins a possibility. I already have a random box of Fanatics that I guess I forgot to sell with all my older armies back in the day, so it has been an idea for a while to snag some Skull Pass and go from there. Well, I like themes when I build and something stuck out when I was reading the O&G book to study up on what lists I wanted to run, one part of the Old World map stuck out when I read it:

White Orcs here.

Now I interpreted this as white skinned Orcs, and had previously added one unit of them to my old army. They were kind of unnerving to look at, and the more I think about it, the more I think I want to have an entire force of nothing but White Orcs. The only issue I have right now is trying to figure out if White Night Goblins would be going too far. I mean, living in caves and whatnot, they are described as pale and such, but I don't know how white skin would go canonically.

Anybody have more info on the matter?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

sotek222
i.cubeupload.com/GgaxmA.pngThe only thing that I remember that resembles white orcs in any capacity that I've seen was in the second how to paint citadel miniatures. Rick Preistly painted some greyish white orcs to show that you can paint your armies anyway you want.
"Prepare to embrace your creators in the stygian haunts of hell, barbarian", gasped the first soldier.

"Only after you have kissed the fleeting stead of death, wretch!" returned Grignr.

Just Tony
I'll get a scan of the map, show you what I mean. Apparently there's nothing on them fiction wise.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

blargly
I know there were some greenskin variants introduced in a White Dwarf which introduced Dusk Goblins, which were paler than most. Part of what I believe that article was trying to get across was that there were greenskin variants all over the world.

I imagine either some kind of fully subterranean greenskin variant or maybe one from a region with little sunlight - would the Darklands be a good choice?

Most of the Warhammer world hasn't been explored in much depth so it wouldn't be hard to avoid contradicting the fluff!

Just Tony
Now I may have to crop, here's a test shot of what I meant.
Just Tony attached the following image:
orc_map.jpg

Edited by Just Tony on 18-09-2017 20:08

Geep
I've never heard of anything related to them, so I guess you're free to do what you want.

I've seen an army of orcs painted with brown skin that worked very well- unfortunately I have no photos to share.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.