· Newest Member: BernyardZ
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
Ideal 3200 point dwarf lists
Brr-icy
Ok, we're using the house rule "if you can find 6th edition rules and points cost, you can use it" except the shooting phase anvil, axe that, still magic.

All units are fair game except flame cannon because i don't have one yet. Goblin hewer i do though. Assume i have all heroes. Thorek is a staple. Blocks of 20 of each unit type except 60 warriors, 15 slayers.

Just Tony
Do you own Long Drong's Slayers? I'd put that in there. Past that, my ideal Dwarf list is to spam HW/S Warriors and bury the enemy in a wall of high Toughness, high Leadership units with maybe a couple of the "Great Weapons only" units staggered in occasionally for flanking.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Brr-icy
My personal army (these suggestions are for a friend, he doesn't own the units to build this)

Characters

Thorek on the anvil
Daemon Slayer
Thane BSB
2 Engineers

Units

2 Bolt Throwers
Cannon
Stone Thrower
20 Longbeards
10 Troll/4 Giant Slayers
20 Thunderers
20 Warriors with GW
20 Miners
20 Rangers
2 Organ Guns
Gyrocopter

Just Tony
My opinion? At 3,200 that seems like a rather small footprint. I personally look for hordes of 20 man Core regiments in any army I run, with a smattering of Specials and a Rare, maybe two. Different strokes, I realize, but if this army has to face any mass troop armies, like Orcs and Goblins, they'll be hard pressed to make any real headway and find themselves with multiple flank charges unless they castle, and with Miners AND Rangers, it looks like castling isn't in the cards...
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Brr-icy
I've fought a good Orcs army that hadn't remembered their animosity for a few turns and still won. (his first time playing them) They won using the mountain strat and just nailing the main groups of tough things with the artillery. It was fun to play differently than getting into combat and sitting there for rounds upon rounds lol. Miners destroying their artillery and rangers being a general pain in the ass.

TinyLegions
It would not be my ideal army, but there are a lot of contingencies that you have in your decision making that kind of preclude me from making an ideal list. I generally don't take special characters, nor do I take missile units, miners, and rangers in that high of an amount. I also am not adding a novelty or fun factor to anything. This also depends on which 6th edition dwarf book that you have. Having said that here are my opinion in between **'s:

Characters

Thorek on the anvil
Daemon Slayer
Thane BSB
2 Engineers
** Special character already mentioned, but why the two engineers? I never really had much success with them and a combat thane or two is what I tend to look for. Thane of Pain is always a staple for me when building a dwarf list. Daemon Slayer is generally something that I don't take, but you are taking slayers which is the only reason to take Slayer characters IMHO**

Units

2 Bolt Throwers
Cannon
Stone Thrower
20 Longbeards
10 Troll/4 Giant Slayers
20 Thunderers
20 Warriors with GW
20 Miners
20 Rangers
2 Organ Guns
Gyrocopter

** JT and I are similar in thinking. You have a lot of your army that is to assault your opponent (i.e. Miners, Rangers, Gyrocopter, and a lesser extent slayers) yet you use an enduring mountain strategy. The strategy is not matching the troops. One of the assault troops is ok, but all is a bit much.(Personally I pick miners for artillery sniping, flanking, and quarters contesting) I would go for either more stationary troops,(i.e. heavily armored troops that can take a licking and hit back) or ditch the artillery and go straight at your opponent with a shield wall of steel.**
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Brr-icy
Thanks, I'm planning a rewrite this week, as i've been facing an army of dwarfs lately that's been ever changing. The assault troops seem to be more and more, a waste of points

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.