· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 183
· Newest Member: Sokar
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
I think I went overboard with High Elves...
Brr-icy
I was only going to build exactly what I needed, but now thanks to a nice score, I'm up to quite a few over what i was going for. For fun, what would be your ideal 3200 point list (no sacrificing extra options like dragon armor to save a couple points, going over by 20-30 is ok) We tend to play with at least one special character on the field at all times, a flavored list towards a certain character is fine as well

special characters

Imrik
Tyrion
Teclis
Alarielle

regular characters

2x mages on foot
prince on a griffon
2x prince on horse with sword
bsb on foot
prince on horse with a bow

core:

34 Spearmen (no command yet, going to mod a set at least)
24 Archers (same as above)
20 Lothern Sea Guard
17 Silver Helms (two full command groups)

special

5 dragon princes
28 swordsmen
1 chariot

rare

19 handmaidens to go with alarielle
10 phoenix guard
3 repeater bolt throwers
13 white lions
2 great eagles

Just Tony
How is that overboard? I figure every person who plays this game has their favorite army, and that they have enough models for that army to field 5,000 points without allies. I don't think I'm that far off from you, honestly, and I have no intention of stopping.

In fact, what I'd REALLY like to do is chase down 12 Island of Blood sets.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Brr-icy
That's the thing, they're not a favorite lol. My undead is my favorite, but i can field close to 10k with them. Also scored a 2700 point chaos army this week

Just Tony
Man, I only WISH I had that kind of disposable income right now. As it stands, I'm finding it difficult to send $16 to snyggy.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Brr-icy
I scored a daemon lot as well, full tzeentch set. I'm happy with that army. Now i have to lay off for three months

Just Tony
My brother and I are at the point now that we're going to finish armies before starting more. That means he's parked on our Dwarfs as far as purchases, and will be alternating painting them and his Dogs of War with the last few Lizardmen units that need finished. I, on the other hand, will be wrapping up my Beastmen. Once THAT is done, I think we'll move onto a different army. What my dream would be is to nail about 12 of those Island of Blood sets or the AOS equivalent since the plastics are identical AND they still come with square bases. That'd give me the plastic Swordmasters necessary for an Eltharion list, Reavers to turn into Dark Riders and Wild Riders, Seaguard for either the Eltharion list or a friend's army, Griffons aplenty for my Giant's Causeway scenario, and a MASSIVE Skaven horde army.

Brr-icy
Nice, I have 10/12 of my armies painted and finished up, so I'm not doing terribly lol. The high elves and chaos are already getting some stuff painted, probably 2k in chaos is painted and maybe close to 3k painted in high elves, I won't be starting another army until one or both are painted. Chaos I only need to paint 24 warriors, 11 knights, 16 marauders, 5 marauder horsemen, 2 sorcerers, and 2 chariots so a grand total of 60 models. Elves on the other hand I need a ton, i got two iob sets for them but they were missing the reavers.

I only need:

Orcs and goblins - a friend wants me to have his old collection

wood elves - have about 1k in points already by accident, plus enough bits to repair mostly anything thanks to owning the army at one time before my ex stole it

dark elves - friend has an army for me once i have the cash for it

beastmen which i agreed to hold off on until my friend gets his painted and tabled.

Just Tony
We literally had at least 2,000 points of Chaos Warriors, Beastmen, Orcs, Goblins, Dwarfs, Lizardmen, Dogs Of War, Vampire Counts, High Elves, Empire, Brettonians, and Ogre Kingdoms. We had 1,000 points of Dark Elves as we were building one of each army. We didn't have enough Daemons to make a force, and didn't really have Wood Elves, Skaven, or Tomb Kings started.

Money got tight and my brother and I were SEVERELY dissatisfied with the direction of the game, so EVERYTHING that was High Elves, Lizards, Beasts, or Dogs of War got sold with a few notable character model exceptions. NOW we get to do it all over.

The 40K side was worse, we only kept 3 armies.

Brr-icy
Ouch. I actually packed my VC (12k point army) TK (3k point) and Skaven (maybe 1k point) up and threw them, quite literally in a box for a decade when 7th was announced. I had just spent that much on my tomb kings and was starting to get some traction on my skaven, was not prepared to throw everything out and start over. I didn't like the rule changes and I played with rule nazi's at the time. I'm glad I didn't sell everything, but i do wish I had packed them better. I had Wood Elves as well, but my ex walked off with them when we broke up, taking some of my vampires with her as they were in the box being used as proxies.

Just Tony
Eh, it was more of a money issue coupled with dissatisfaction with the new editions issue. We kept what we did solely so we'd have something to go back and play 6th with. It's the only reason I held on to any of it. Thank Primus I did, though...

Brr-icy
I don't sell anything i have painted, so thankfully, everything was painted. lol I am really enjoying my armies at the moment, and it's always fun to introduce someone new, or screw with a vet by pulling out an entirely new army when they come for a game. I'm going to post some pics of my armies in another thread just for fun.

Just Tony
Yeah, the only good thing about this is some of the armies I had built were updated with MUCH better models, and a lot more plastic.

I'm actually looking FORWARD to rebuilding my Chaos Warriors.

Brr-icy
I actually much prefer the plastic on multi part kits, goes together so easily, and hardly ever breaks. chaos warriors I think a box took like twenty minutes to build

TinyLegions
To answer the original question, no that is not overboard. I probably have over bought over the past few years as I have seen more than one good deal after another on Battalions on Dark and High Elves. I think that I am up to about five each, and not a one de-spruced yet for my Dark Elves. I believe that I have cut out my High Elves, but they are still in their cans to be filed. They are not high on the list right now as far as an army to build up. I still need to assess what I have as far as elites for my Dark Elves to see if I need to get any more. I think that barring a few more PG and WL's I may have what I want for my high elves.

This is not including my collection of Dwarves, Goblins, or Beastmen that I have to get working on.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Brr-icy
lol nice. My pg and wl are a little short, i'd like to get them up to the magic 5 for a unit strength. (3 ranks, banner, outnumber, 20) but at the moment, i'm at like 12-13 of each. I keep getting distracted by my chaos army's painting, it's down to 65 models to go, i would rather do a unit of HE in between each chaos unit, but it is what it is lol

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.