· Newest Member: Sokar
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
Which one?
all players play each phase all players play each phase 0%[0 Votes]
individual player turn individual player turn 0%[0 Votes]
both players on a side simultaneously both players on a side simultaneously 100%[2 Votes]
Total Votes : 2
 Print Thread
Preferred turn sequence for four players
Brr-icy
Ok, we've been running a few four player allied games, at first, we did an all players play each phase in order, it seemed to flow nicely, players were all doing something within five to ten minutes of each other, only thing that hurt it was close combat wasn't getting done every player turn, just one big clash at the end of the other phases so it was slower with the close combat dying. Second way we tried was each player doing their entire turn in sequence, this made for the guy going fourth to get distracted and bored, not really a fan of that mode personally. The next way we are going to try is all allies go at once, basically the same as two player, except two people are moving their armies at the same time, getting the battle done faster and you only have to wait through one turn sequence before going. I think this might be ideal, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. If you have another option, let me know.

Just Tony
Play like a normal game except there are multiple players per side.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Brr-icy
ok, we're going to give that a try next sunday when we play

Just Tony
Now, that being said I would probably have each player do their moves all at once, THEN when magic happens make sure they do theirs separately, same with follow up phases.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Brr-icy
the way we do magic is one dispel attempt from the other side, however many dice are used, are gone until the next full turn, that way dispel doesn't get overpowered in relation to the magic dice used.

Magic and shooting, yeah, probably just one thing happening at a time, but with close combat, it's all together anyways, so right across the table, initiative/charge order.

Just Tony
Now here's the better question: do you allow an ally to dispel a spell that's coming at one of his partner's units?

Brr-icy
Yes, one dispel attempt and batch of dice per turn. If he uses his dispels to attempt to dispel one like that, that's less dice for one coming at him. It doesn't give any advantage to the side to do it or not.

Just Tony
Unless you ally Khorne with Tzeentch, or some other nonsense. Some army with massive dispel capability combined with an army that has LOTS of power dice would just about do it.

Brr-icy
Meh, take it as it comes, I don't see many overly high dispel dice lists minus the Khorne ones, and since they can't use magic, it balances nicely. I don't see it ever becoming an ongoing problem, a game here and there, yeah.

I have found people are hesitant to throw enough dice to dispel the bigger things anyways, especially when another player still has to cast. You only have one pool of dice for both players turns on the other side, hard to pick what you want to dispel.

We love variety, so for example, my Skaven list of tons of shooting and power dice will see the table once every couple months, not every game.

Just Tony
I'm just used to people spamming anything that's perceived as a benefit.

Brr-icy
We only have one guy like that in our group. most of our lists are balanced enough, it's just a bunch of friends with very fluffy lists lol. Special characters abound and lists wrote themed to them. my newest Skaven list is themed to Ikit Claw and Clan Skyre.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.