· Newest Member: infinite_array
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
Prepping for a game next week
Just Tony
So my brother Ashley is meeting me next Friday for a hot game of 6th. I get to run what Dwarfs we have vs. his Lizardmen or Dogs of War, whichever he chooses to bring.

Now, our Dwarfs aren't at a full 2,000 points yet, and I will have to augment with Dogs of War. My intent was to take a unit of Heavy Cavalry and a hireling Wizard. My issue comes from not knowing whether or not you can take multiple DOW units in a non-DOW army. In the Dwarfs book it doesn't give 0-1, but says you may run a DOW unit as a Rare. Am I to assume that I can fill both Rare slots with DOW?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Brr-icy
Yes you can, but then you aren't allowed a gyro or organ gun (if you have them) They are just limited by the number of rare slots you have. Some of them can be fielded as specials as well if you look at the RoR list iirc.

Just Tony
Don't own ANY Dwarf Rares.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Brr-icy
Ouch. I would recommend a gyro, they mess with an enemy pretty well. Mindtaker Minis has a couple for a good price too

Just Tony
I always planned on running a pure Dwarf army around a static defense line tactic. I also would love to run a bare bones character with NOTHING but Warriors with Hand Weapons and Shields stretched as far as I can across the board and marching forward.

Right now, the only rare that really interests me is an Organ Gun, but I'd honestly rather have that DOW Cav unit.

I thought about modelling a bunch of those Dwarf donkey carts from BFSP up as a 10 man Cav unit to run as a DOW unit.

Brr-icy
Haha, that would be pretty cool. I love those donkey carts.

TinyLegions
Bood Miniatures have Dwarf Cavalry that looks very nice. They are quite expensive, however. I personally like my dwarves using their two feet.

I used see people recommend taking Xbow Dwarves as rares from DOW to get HA for them. Not sure if I am on board with this or not. Obviously, that wont help you in this situation, but yeah I think that you are going in the right direction with the Calvary if you have it.

Honestly, you cant beat an organ gun for a rare unit for Dwarves. One of the most efficient units for the points, or slot. This is one of those AMEX units for Dwarves. I have had opponents spend all kinds of magic, shooting, you name it trying to destroy that first and foremost, and for good reason.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Brr-icy
If you have the models available, drop in a pack of Rhinox Cavalry and watch your opponent lose his mind.

Just Tony
Eh, I'm not really big on the shock value. I'm still trying to play to at least a little bit of theme, so that's why I am sticking with the units I chose. I'm actually thinking of modelling a Dwarf Wizard, just for the giggles.

Brr-icy
I don't generally use DoW unless they're objectives on the board. (get to the chest of gold, they arrive next turn) Other than that, I stick to what's in the books for myself. If I was going to use them, my Rhinox would be the first thing I would pick lol

Just Tony
So Friday morning my wife was in Cincinnati and hit a bit of debris on the road which broke a coolant line. I had to leave work early and drive all the way over there to get it sorted out. This game will be put off until Friday unless life throws me another grenade.

Brr-icy
boo hiss.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.