· Newest Member: Pirazzo
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
So... How did I do?
Gangland
Found all these very cheap so I figured "why not." At some point I'll get a one of my 8th friends to play a game with me.

i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb38/ganglandguy/edited-image.png

Brr-icy
nice, that's a start

Gangland
Just need skaven and ogre armybooks and I'll have all my armies covered. Plus I have the annual 2002 book that one of the old players from one of the game stores I go to gave me after he saw us still playing fantasy.

Just Tony
Annual, the two Chronicles books, Storm of Chaos, and the General's Compendium are the must haves if you play 6th.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
I never got the SOC book. Outside of the lists, which I have somewhere, is there anything else that is important from that book?
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Brr-icy
New army lists, new characters, think there's a campaign and some fluff in it as well

Gangland
Just Tony wrote:

Annual, the two Chronicles books, Storm of Chaos, and the General's Compendium are the must haves if you play 6th.

I have annual 2002. I thought about getting Storm or Chaos but decided against it as when I looked it up it seemed as though it was a campaign book with a gimmick in that it was intended to further the story. What benefits does it have? Or what was I missing about it?

infinite_array
Also on my way to getting all the good 6th ed book stuff. General's Compendium and Chronicles 2004 are on the shelf, Chronicles 2003 is on it's way, Annual 2002 is won on eBay and I've got a successful bid for Storm of Chaos from the same guy.

Just Tony
Gangland wrote:

Just Tony wrote:

I have annual 2002. I thought about getting Storm or Chaos but decided against it as when I looked it up it seemed as though it was a campaign book with a gimmick in that it was intended to further the story. What benefits does it have? Or what was I missing about it?

It also has a ton of alternate army lists which make specific layouts for stuff that existed in older editions and didn't make the change, or for fluffy army lists, AND also some new units that didn't exist anywhere else. Slaanesh Dark Elves are one that sticks right out, as well as a full Slayer army for Dwarfs.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Brr-icy
Gangland wrote:

Just Tony wrote:

Tons of new characters, units, themed lists. I have built a couple of the themed lists to try out. A nice 3200 point slayer army should be the next one I table.

TinyLegions
Brr-icy wrote:

New army lists, new characters, think there's a campaign and some fluff in it as well

Got the army lists long ago, and I can live without the characters. I do have the WD from back then, so I am good fluff wise.
Your Benevolent dictator

Gangland
Very interested in the Slayer list. I'm very tempted to get a Dwarf army going but not super worried as one of the people I play against pretty much just plays his Dwarfs. The new fyreslayers or whatever GW have look really cool as well and are new so shouldn't be getting the ax anytime soon...

TinyLegions
Gangland wrote:

Very interested in the Slayer list. I'm very tempted to get a Dwarf army going but not super worried as one of the people I play against pretty much just plays his Dwarfs. The new fyreslayers or whatever GW have look really cool as well and are new so shouldn't be getting the ax anytime soon...

PM Sent
Your Benevolent dictator

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll