· Total Members: 208
· Newest Member: moriogre
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
 Print Thread
Surprise in Purchase!
infinite_array
So after deciding that I wasn't going to spend any more money on hobby purchases this month, an old Dwarf Battleline boxset popped up on ebay for around about the original price (at least that's what the sticker on the box said - $165). It said NiB, so I purchased it to hoard for later. Maybe I'll do dwarves after I finish O&G and High Elves.

It arrived today, and as it turned out, it had been opened. One of the sprues has a few warriors cut out, and a half a model painted. I counted everything up, however, and it looks like they're all there.

However, what was weird was the extra stuff not listed on the ebay page. There was some junk like lottery tickets (old, I checked), random tools, and receipts.

It also has about a dozen Citadel paint pots of various types which either look totally new or at least revivable with a little water/thinner. Some are even colors that I'll be needing to replace soon! And four Citadel brushes. Not in great condition, but some brush cleaner should help. So that's like a $60 value surprise in the box.

Just Tony
Looks like you hit a minor jackpot! I remember we picked up some Dark Eldar from a kid that was local, essentially the battleforce at the time with a few extras, and he just threw in 20 High Elf Archers and close to 30 High Elf Spearmen as well. If memory serves, there may have been a few pewter Swordmasters as well.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Geep
Nice luck. Far too often it goes the other way- 'NIB' apparently standing for 'Chewed By Dog'.

TinyLegions
I have had a few more bits than normal or a model from an ebay auction, but nothing like paint and brushes. It seems to me that they were just cleaning out after a divorce/break-up and did not know what to do with these items.

The real big score for me is when G Dubs would decide to over-count on a spruce or two.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Brr-icy
I just had a similar experience with a purchase, scored chestnut, brown, flesh, red and dark green ink,

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.