· Total Members: 260
· Newest Member: MattyFenby
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
 Print Thread
New Forum Software
TinyLegions
As you all well know hopefully by now, I have the forum now back in good standing with its host company. This also brought up how buggy this software is. If you don't believe me, then ask Tony about it. He should be able to do a lot more as a moderator than what he can do. With that in mind, I am going to start looking for a new batch of forum software. I managed to find four different suites out there, and I am sure that there are more. These are just the ones form the forums that I am a member of. In no Particular order here are the four that I know of:

1: IP.Board

2: ProBoards

3: MyBB

4: phpBB (This one is my personal favorite, as I know that they have a front page for us to use like the first page of what you see on www.druchii.net)

So I am asking your input before I make any decisions. I personally like what I see from phpBB, and I do believe that phpBB was the other forum software that my hosting company had on file for me to use like this forum. I just did not see anything on a front page back then for them but this one had it. Outside of the fact that I use them, I dont know anything else on the other three. So does anyone have a preference, experience on these four suites?(specifically more than a user.) Does anyone have any other suggestions? By the way the budget for this is about as much as my opinion usually is; $.02 worth.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Just Tony
I have no experience as far as I know, I only surf forums and this is my only mid experience. Ideally I'd go for two requirements: ease of uploading pics and files, and an automated verification system for new applicants that works.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
We agree on both of those points.
Your Benevolent dictator

TinyLegions
I have been working on new forum software for this site. It appears to be a little tricky because migrating all of our old posts to a new forum is a little more complicated. From what I gather it is due to the software that we currently have.(go figure) I will keep everyone posted as to how it is coming along as I need to do this one part at a time, and I really only have an hour or two on Saturday to work on things. So far I don't believe that I will have any interruptions in this site, but if I need to I will post it here.
Your Benevolent dictator

Brr-icy
very nice

Just Tony
Good news to find when coming off orders!
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.