March 03 2021 18:46:02
Navigation
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· Khorne Knight Armies...
· A fearful thread on ...
· The Maven & The Witc...
· BATTLE REPORT: Wood ...
· Oh, my Valentine...
Hottest Threads
· Khorne Knight Arm... [51]
· A fearful thread ... [33]
· The Maven & The W... [13]
Latest Articles
· THE GODS OF CHAOS HA...
· Posting Content on t...
· A word on Attachments
· Final Testing and Bu...
Users Online
· Guests Online: 3

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 265
· Newest Member: rvb
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
2000pts Lizardmen lists
rvb
MattyFenby wrote:

RVB, I promise that there's a Sacred Spawnings addition to the Lizardmen thats 100% tourney legal that allows you to mark your skinks and allows the first mark given to saurus to not bump them up a slot. The tlazcotl alone would have kept them core. It was the scaly skin i gave them that makes them special. Thats why I mentioned it as a boogey men list, because it allows you to run immune to psych core units, which i think could match up very well against undead armies. Im on my phone right now but i can find a way to send you the sacred spawnings pages when i get to my computer


Ah, I see! It's a white dwarf army. I am not too familiair with White Dwarf army lists.
 
jonathan e
rvb wrote:
Tomb King magic is very sour, especially in a situation were all liche priests are clubbed together. The Cube is something that can stop it.

Indeed, as Jonathan puts it; move twice is the worst, then shoot/fight twice. If a Tomb Kings really player insists, the spell hit its target. A king rolling a six will already require you to throw to of your DD without certainty of blocking it.


Indeed. And when you throw in a couple of rerolls on those random power levels (the Tomb King's Crown's "roll twice, drop worst" and the Plaque of Mighty Incantations) it really starts to sing.
Warhammer transmissions at Malediction Games

VC original run: 20 / 6 / 21
VC comeback tour: 5 / 0 / 4
WE fresh start: -/-/-
 
https://maledicton.games
MattyFenby
You guys are smart to utilize the cube. Should Lizardmen Priests be looking to use Lightning Bolt on the enemy Priests all game? Or what should the Lizardmen's offensive Magic be focusing on?


Yes, it is a White Dwarf List I think, although they note that it is fully legal to use in a competitive game. If you are interested in using one of the Sacred Hosts I can email it to you; it's only like 4 pages.

Using that reform standard looks like a really good play, as well as using the turn they emerge as a 360 charge arc. I didn't realize they could charge right out of the ground as I haven't faced the "It came from below!" rule yet. That makes them pretty mean out there on the field.

For an army like Lizardmen would taking a Steg with Bolt Thrower be a defense against Scorps? Or is the slot just always going to be used better by another clutch of Salamanders.
 
rvb
MattyFenby wrote:

You guys are smart to utilize the cube. Should Lizardmen Priests be looking to use Lightning Bolt on the enemy Priests all game? Or what should the Lizardmen's offensive Magic be focusing on?


Yes, it is a White Dwarf List I think, although they note that it is fully legal to use in a competitive game. If you are interested in using one of the Sacred Hosts I can email it to you; it's only like 4 pages.

Using that reform standard looks like a really good play, as well as using the turn they emerge as a 360 charge arc. I didn't realize they could charge right out of the ground as I haven't faced the "It came from below!" rule yet. That makes them pretty mean out there on the field.

For an army like Lizardmen would taking a Steg with Bolt Thrower be a defense against Scorps? Or is the slot just always going to be used better by another clutch of Salamanders.


There are no rounds of shooting inbetween them coming from below and hitting their target. They singlehandedly crush your cold one flankers and kroxigors in flank charges, which is super annoying. Playing around their point of emergence wrecks you. Playing into their point of emergence wrecks you, lol. Just hope it misfires.

I am interested in those lists, are they chronicles material? In that case, the Trove must have it. Otherwise, I would like to receive them.
 
Just Tony
MattyFenby wrote:

You guys are smart to utilize the cube. Should Lizardmen Priests be looking to use Lightning Bolt on the enemy Priests all game? Or what should the Lizardmen's offensive Magic be focusing on?


Yes, it is a White Dwarf List I think, although they note that it is fully legal to use in a competitive game. If you are interested in using one of the Sacred Hosts I can email it to you; it's only like 4 pages.

Using that reform standard looks like a really good play, as well as using the turn they emerge as a 360 charge arc. I didn't realize they could charge right out of the ground as I haven't faced the "It came from below!" rule yet. That makes them pretty mean out there on the field.

For an army like Lizardmen would taking a Steg with Bolt Thrower be a defense against Scorps? Or is the slot just always going to be used better by another clutch of Salamanders.


I've not had that Bolt Thrower ever do anything, the Steg's true strength lies in Terror which doesn't affect TK. It'll hit hard enough on the charge, but just seems like Sallies are a better point investment.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.
 
Just Tony
So I have your Lizardmen solution: avoid the markers or park a Jungle Swarm on top of it. Then as far as the Tomb Guard with the banner? Keep durable units close by, like Saurus Spearmen.

At 2,000 I'd run a Slann as they can access Drain Magic which is one of the few spells that can adversely affect incantation casting.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.
 
MattyFenby
There is one other angle I think we can attack the TK from that we havent explicitly mentioned in this thread yet: is it worth it to overload resources on assassination of the hierophant? He goes down, and all the Tomb Kings are basically taking Casket of Souls wounds each turn. Flyers, shooters, and magic all focusing the hierophant: would that be an effective way to go?
 
Just Tony
Terradons might do that trick, but bear in mind the damage done per unit may not be too huge.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.
 
rvb
Thank you all, I am going to try guerilla Lizards next. Gen 2 Slann in temple guard, lots of magic and some mobile units. Might enrich this forum with a battle report Smile .

I will try to take extensive notes.
 
Just Tony
I'd also figure out some solid mainstay units to park on the ICFB tokens, FORCE those Scorps into combat with things you want them in combat with. Unbreakable items are idea, but take what you can get.

Run a Truthsayer and pop a Fenbeast on each token.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.
 
rvb
Just Tony wrote:

I'd also figure out some solid mainstay units to park on the ICFB tokens, FORCE those Scorps into combat with things you want them in combat with. Unbreakable items are idea, but take what you can get.

Run a Truthsayer and pop a Fenbeast on each token.


Indeed, this is my main way of trying to lure them out, though it only works in 1/3th of the time. And due to Undead Construct, these thing often last longer than a single combat. Hitting and wounding Saurus on 3's is very effective. I will try and report on this later.
 
jonathan e
MattyFenby wrote:

There is one other angle I think we can attack the TK from that we havent explicitly mentioned in this thread yet: is it worth it to overload resources on assassination of the hierophant? He goes down, and all the Tomb Kings are basically taking Casket of Souls wounds each turn. Flyers, shooters, and magic all focusing the hierophant: would that be an effective way to go?


Absolutely. I don't know how the player in question approaches these things, but in my experience the Hierophant will be protected in one of three ways:

- attached to a Casket - this in theory makes them a bigger, static target, but an amount of incoming hits will be "saved" by hitting the indestructible box and the Tomb Guardians will catch yet more. Achieve results through volume of fire or engaging in melee.

- flapping around on their own with the Cloak of the Dunes, not a route I'd necessarily take against Lizardmen since you have so many skirmishing shooty-chaps.

- bunkered in a unit of archers, possibly on horseback, probably sporting the Golden Ankhra - this is probably where the smart money is as you'll have a lot of ablative wounds to chew through and they'll be able to get out of the way/reform and fight back.

It's still worth doing though, especially if the general is a Tomb King: that means the Hierophant is a squashy hero level Priest and they are awfully fragile!
Warhammer transmissions at Malediction Games

VC original run: 20 / 6 / 21
VC comeback tour: 5 / 0 / 4
WE fresh start: -/-/-
 
https://maledicton.games
Just Tony
The list has a Casket in it, so my money is on that. Lots of blow pipe shots, then.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.
 
rvb
The true answer is jonathan option B, cloak. Although fragile, the hierophant will always be out of range of blowpipes, in case of lizardmen.
Hierophant on a Casket is fragile, but more importantly, practically immobile. Suzanne doesn't like to play that as you may miss out on crucial turns requiring a specific incantation.

But I will go magic heavy this time. Lore of Heavens has some non-magic missle magic missles ; ) .
 
Just Tony
Yep, Forked Lightning and Uranon's Thunderbolt until one gets through.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.
 
jonathan e
rvb wrote:

The true answer is jonathan option B, cloak. Although fragile, the hierophant will always be out of range of blowpipes, in case of lizardmen.
Hierophant on a Casket is fragile, but more importantly, practically immobile. Suzanne doesn't like to play that as you may miss out on crucial turns requiring a specific incantation..


I can see the logic in that (although Incantations have the less-than-brilliant range of all Warhammer necromancy and I can also see the Priests getting caught out by the need to be near their targets).

To me it depends on the Hierophant's level and the Rare choices. (Suzanne likes to run double Catapults, right?)

If it's a Hero-phant and I have a Catapult, the Casket can park within 12" of it and my archers and the Hierophant will basically always have something to do (either "shoot twice" or "restore wounds") that's worth being back there. My King and other two Priests (wish I could take something else sometimes but it's spam casters or don't play with this army) will be up front keeping things going.

If it's a High Priest then absolutely no way are they being stuck at the back on a Casket, those two 3d6 Incantations are much too powerful to be stranded behind the army. Same if I'm running a Giant or Giants, the casters need to be moving to support those big lugs and I'm not going to tie one of them down to a Casket at all.

(The caveat here is that I am not a very good Tomb Kings player, at least above Border Patrol level where the Catapult is a total crutch.)
Warhammer transmissions at Malediction Games

VC original run: 20 / 6 / 21
VC comeback tour: 5 / 0 / 4
WE fresh start: -/-/-
 
https://maledicton.games
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

No messages have been posted.
1,577,799 unique visits
Table 'cmvogan_phpf1.phpf_new_users' doesn't exist