· Newest Member: rvb
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer 40K » 3rd Edition
 Print Thread
Vehicle Design Rules
HidaSeku
I'm curious if anyone had any experience with using the Vehicle Design Rules.

If you have, I'm curious if you had any success with these? Did you find them too weak, too strong, or just right?

I remember facing some absurd anomalies that made me think the rules were broken and therefore I never really regarded them as useful, but taking a look at them now I think they aren't all that terrible, as long as the model is created before stat'd out.

Just Tony
It was a mixed bag. You usually got far less than what you paid for pointswise, and it seemed that was an inherent cost associated with being able to design your own tank from the ground up. I say usually because the 100 bolter tank came from these rules, and there isn't enough points in the world for that especially when you move that into 4th Ed. where you can fire support weapons on the move.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

The_Worker
I used them, long ago now, to make Rigel-pattern Rhinos for my long-lost Guard army - Rhinos with Chimera turrets that could carry 10 men. I liked them, only ever made one though. Still have the rules in the relevant Chapter Approved. Used with care, they're excellent - even in 4th edition.
SF&F Wargames Blog - The Week's Work
Historical Wargames Blog - The Molgravian Gazette
Poetry and Writing Facebook

theweekswork.blogspot.co.uk
HidaSeku
Glad to hear they served you well, worker. I also have the Chapter Approveds (the three for 3rd, not sure if they came out with more after).

The_Worker
You could produce some amazingly mad things with them, too, and I think they were also used by Forgeworld in the early days to get the points values for their new vehicles.
SF&F Wargames Blog - The Week's Work
Historical Wargames Blog - The Molgravian Gazette
Poetry and Writing Facebook

theweekswork.blogspot.co.uk
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.