· Newest Member: rvb
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer 40K » 3rd Edition
 Print Thread
Scenarios
Just Tony
New thread time, people. I was at home reading my 3rd Ed. rulebook in the bathroom, and I was focused on the battles book, as that was the section I spent the least amount of time in when I started playing. I realized that out of the 14 or so scenarios in the book, I may have played 3 or 5. Something about that seemed very wrong to me. I conferred with my brother on the subject and he couldn't remember even playing Night Fight outside of a tourney once. If it's been a while for you, reread that section of the book. Even the terrain generation pages had a wealth of gaming ideas that I never once cracked on with. A blizzard on the table? Never once ran that.

I'm realizing that there is a pile of wasted potential there, so much so that my brother and I may be making a 40K night instead of our usual 6th Ed. WFB night.

Thoughts?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

HidaSeku
It's funny that you should mention it, because last time I played 3rd edition 40k with my buddy we had a very similar conversation! Back in the day, we'd usually just line up and shoot each other, with the occasional Cleanse mission or one of the battle missions like Meat Grinder or the like. However, there is a WEALTH of different stuff back there that I would love to play! We played two games back to back (one small, one large) and both were missions that I'm almost positive I had never played before, and it was a lot of fun. I hope to explore more of that good section myself.

Although playing in a blizzard does sound very intimidating!

Just Tony
Yeah, so on the 3rd I had to spend the night at my brother's house since it was a drill/Annual Training weekend and we wound up playing a game of 40K and ran the Patrol mission. That one is great if you can roll over 1 for your reserve rolls. Captain Cortez and his retinue of Veterans with bolt pistol/chainswords and Terminator Honors in Rhino went all the way to mandatory deployment while half his army showed up on the first reserve roll. I'm REALLY hoping to roll up a different scenario next time.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Just Tony
Currently, my pictures are completely too blurry to really tell much of a story. My brother is supposed to be sending me HIS pics from the game as well, there'll be a battle report as soon as that happens.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.