· Newest Member: MindMineO
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
 Print Thread
Hello Everyone
Miz Anna
Hi-Hi Everyone, I'm Anna. Smile

I live in Colorado, I like all kinds of miniature wargames and I love the idea of playing 5th or 6th Edition of Warhammer again. I can resurrect Empire or *perhaps* Bretonnians. Smile

I'm getting into 40K again as well, Blood Angels & Space Wolves, but thinking about doing them 2nd Edition-style.

Good to meet you all. Smile

http://40kwarangel.blogspot.com/
HidaSeku
Hi Everybody. I'm Paul from Southern California.

I've been playing 40k since 2000, and after going from 3rd edition through 6th edition (playing each edition along the way) I decided not to go with 7th edition and went back to 3rd edition.

I also play Warhammer Fantasy, and have played from 6th edition to 8th edition of that. I'm currently in limbo, having tried a bit of 9th age but generally unsure what to do next.

Well met, everyone!

The_Worker
Hello everyone! My name's Patrick, and I live in Warwick, England.

I've been a Games Workshop gamer since 1996, and a wargamer since about 1989/90.

Currently I play 6th Edition WFB, Mordheim, Necromunda, Inquisitor, and 2nd or 4th Edition 40k depending on what I feel like.

Mostly, at the moment, I am just collecting and painting really. Currently working on a mix of Iron Warriors, Black Templars, and Imperial Guard.

theweekswork.blogspot.co.uk
TinyLegions
Since my last post welcome all who have came. This goes for everyone, but if you have any suggestions please feel free to comment and we will see what we can do.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

morvael
Hello! I'm Dominik from Poland. I'm a massive fan of Warhammer world, it all started with 1st edition RPG (WFRP), and 4th Edition boxed set of Warhammer Fantasy Battles (High Elves vs Goblins). Rulebooks, army books, and some expansions from 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th editions of Warhammer as well as 2nd edition of Warhammer RPG occupy a place of honor on my shelf. I mostly played between 4th and 6th though. I played most with High Elves and Empire during 4th and 5th editions, a bit with Skaven and Undead "inherited" from friends going out of the hobby, but later sold them all. A few years later I came back and built a solid Chaos army. Currently it has no opponents to face, as my new friends never completed their armies, so it's stuck under my bed for years (it was out for a day to test AoS rules, to be fully precise, but that doesn't count. AoS doesn't exist). A few years ago I started 40k with my friend, and built a Salamanders force. Knowing they may end up not having another army to face (who knows, maybe 40k will be AoSed as well soon) because my friend was slow to assemble his forces, starting four and completing none, I decided to buy him loads of Dark Eldars last month. So now I'm sure I will have a force to fight in the future, even if GW disappears. To forestall any suggestions of looking for other people to play with in the wild, I'll say it's not my style. I prefer to stay with my close circle of friends. After all, I have very little time for such games these times (we also like to play board games), so I would prefer to engage in such activities with people I like best. I'm more into thinking about playing, than actually doing it Smile I came here to share reminiscences with people like me, who have grown to adulthood during the middle part of Warhammer's life.

Just Tony
See, people like you are the reason we need some sort of program that can let us play out a nice game over the computer, something like a java program which is essentially a map and rectangles, with a randomizer program for dice rolls. I'd be on that thing damn near every moment of the day not tied up with responsibility.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

morvael
There is this: http://www.universalbattle.com/screens.php
though I admit I have not tried it. I'm more old school type and prefer to play tabletop wargames with physical pieces. I think it's bad that Mark of War Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/752412507/mark-of-war) failed, though maybe they will return one day.

DoomGate
There is a new RTS coming out called Total War Warhammer, it looks very good and my dad and i will surely get it and play the crap out of it.
Edited by DoomGate on 09-05-2016 10:29
When my Warp Lightning Cannon rolls a misfire and shoots through my hole army I consider that a successful hit. I mean who needed those clan rats anyways.

TinyLegions
DoomGate wrote:

There is a new RTS coming out called Total War Warhammer, it looks very good and my dad and i will surely get it and play the crap out of it.

Who has two thumbs and will put together a new desktop when that comes out? This guy! And we are adding this as a new thread starting.... now.
Your Benevolent dictator

elendor
Hi everyone!

I am Fernando, I am Spanish but I currently live in Belgium, and I am 27.

I played Warhammer Fantasy 6ed mostly from 2002 to 2007, when I started university and my friends stopped playing Warhammer due to a dislike of the direction 7th edition was taking regarding Army Books (power creeeep) and also the trend of price increases set by GW.

However this Christmas I opened the boxes of my old High Elf army and I decided to finish painting them (I have only about half of the army painted) just for fun, but then the nostalgia and the enthusiasm kicked in and I really wanted to play again!
In Spain there are several groups of 6ed players in the big cities, so at least I can play when I go on a visit (also one of the main miniatures blog in Spanish has a project to adapt 7 and 8ed new units to 6ed so people can play new stuff).

I have been getting up to date with what has happened the last 10 years and although I have been read The 9th Age rules (and people in the local gaming club mainly play AoS now so perhaps I will read those as well), I have a deep nostalgia for 6th edition, and from what I have been gathering from the 7ed and 8ed rules, I think 6ed was the best, although I am probably biased Grin (there are a couple of rules like post-combat reform and increased Spear effectiveness against cavalry that would fit 6ed really well though).

In any case I love to discuss 6ed and I found this community by searching the Internet around so I am glad to be here.
I will try to make battle reports whenever I play some 6ed games!
"They thought the Library was a dangerous place because of all the magical books, which was true enough, but what made it really one of the most dangerous places there could ever be was the simple fact that it was a library."
Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Just Tony
Welcome! We can use all the posters we can get, and you'll find several threads on 6th here waiting for you.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
It sounds to me that I need to take a trip to the Iberian Peninsula the next time that I am on vacation, and can afford to the trip. Smile Welcome to the forum, and I would love to see any battle reports that you and your friends have.
Your Benevolent dictator

Brr-icy
Hi. Got sent over this way from a transformers forum. I'm Bryce from southwestern Ontario. I play 6th edition, my main army is vampire counts at around 6-7k points, i also have skaven and tomb kings at around 3k points each, skaven i could possibly hit 4k. I tend to play at 3k points, i set up a table and pay usually once a week, letting friends play as whichever assent they feel like.

I've also been spawning a free more players locally with their own armies. One friend started lizardmen and another chaos.

this is my current display/storage area. top right tomb kings, top left and middle vampires, and third shelf skaven

farm1.staticflickr.com/961/27201221817_ea7d75cb07_b.jpg
Edited by Brr-icy on 13-05-2018 09:57

Just Tony
Welcome to the forum, Brr-icy, hopefully there'll be plenty to use here. I'd check out the sticky thread in Warhammer General Discussion for a few goodies that we have linked here.

TinyLegions
Welcome to the forum Brr-icy. I would love to see your battle reports if you feel inclined to post. That pic of your display case is definitely awesome.
Your Benevolent dictator

Brr-icy
i can do start and finish pics but i don't know if i'll remember to take a pic of it every turn lol

thanks for the welcome

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox