· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 218
· Newest Member: Vitlet
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
Ridden Monsters
Yes I take them, and they are worth it Yes I take them, and they are worth it 20%[1 Vote]
Yes I take them, but find them lacking Yes I take them, but find them lacking 80%[4 Votes]
No I don't, but I feel they are worth it No I don't, but I feel they are worth it 0%[0 Votes]
No I don't, and find them lacking No I don't, and find them lacking 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 5
 Print Thread
Ridden Monsters - Yes or no?
Just Tony
Pretty straight forward, do you take them and do you feel they do their job for their points?

I wind up making a monster mount character for each army I play, but find I only run them every now and then. I'm discovering that they are barely mobile enough to hunt war machines, and that the Terror bomb works less than a third of the time. I also have a shining experience where my High Elf Lord on Dragon couldn't take out a Hero level Chaos character on steed ON THE CHARGE. So in short, I like them, but feel they don't really hold up to what I think they should do.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

HidaSeku
I definitely take them, and definitely find them lacking.

I tried to get my Empire General on Griffon to work well for 2 editions (7th & 8th) and all he ever did was give up points. Still kept trying because I love the miniature and the concept!

Had some similar results with my Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur, but at least he had a few games where the dinosaur caused havoc haha

Never got Terror bomb to work for me, but had it work against me plenty of times. There was a stretch of poor dice-rolling games on my part in the middle of 7th edition where my opponents would make harder Leadership rolls than the ones I would fail. It was a rough time, for sure!

TinyLegions
Assuming that you are not using the rule of cool, in larger games of a minimum of 3K, they have their uses. Any games smaller than that and it really turns into a point sink in my experience.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Just Tony
Speaking of rule of cool, I always wanted to do a War of the Beard list with a unit of Dragon Princes. What do you folks think would be the best option modelwise? I was leaning towards Asarnil, since his dragon is smaller than the current one, but I also thought about those Phoenix things. Thoughts?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.