· Newest Member: MattyFenby
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » Battle Reports
 Print Thread
Lizardmen vs Wood Elves (6th edition)
DoomGate
Annnnnnnd im back. I was very excited to play this game so let get to it. My army includes...

Saurus Scar-veteran
Light armour, Shield, Itzl (can ride cold one), Quetzl (+1 scaly skin save), Scimitar of the sun (+2 Attacks), Cold one

Skink priest
Level 2, Scout, Rod of the storm (Power level 5, one use, 18", magic missile, 2d6 str 3 hits(str 4 if save is 4 or higher) if any wounds taken unit must take a panic test), Dragonfly of quick silver (If both lizardmen and the opposing player have scouts the lizardmen player gets +1 to see who sets up their scouts first)

Skink priest
Level 2, Scouts, Cube of Darkness (Dispel scroll + all remain in play spells are removed and roll a d6 on a 4+ magic phase ends)

Chameleon Skinks*10

Jungle Swarms*6

Salamander Hunting packs*3

Saurus Cavalry*10
Full command

Skink skirmishers*20
Scout

Skink skirmishers*20
Scout
When my Warp Lightning Cannon rolls a misfire and shoots through my hole army I consider that a successful hit. I mean who needed those clan rats anyways.

Just Tony
1,000 or 1,500 points? I'm interested to see how this goes down. When do we see the opponent's list?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
Love to see the report when it comes out.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

DoomGate
Alright Just Tony to answer both of your questions it is a 1,500 point game and he should put his list on later today, if not ill fill in what i know he has. This is the setup...

i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah175/njharding47/LVSWE%20Setup_zpsvbciwxyg.jpeg

My chameleon skinks had a real tough time because everything (other than his archer in the top left) is light calvary or are skirmishers. The eagles look like they are going to be a problem. And hopefuly i am able to get my calvary unit into combat before i get shot up too much.
When my Warp Lightning Cannon rolls a misfire and shoots through my hole army I consider that a successful hit. I mean who needed those clan rats anyways.

DoomGate
Ok first turn was a great for me.

i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah175/njharding47/LvsWE%20First%20Turn_zpsxlppwrsh.jpeg

Not a ton happened but then again its the first turn. The treeman took out 3 of my chameleon skinks but they caused a wound to him (he has 6 freaking wounds). The archers took out one of my saurus calvary and he wounded my right most salamander ( he has 3 wounds). He also gave his eagles regen, and the cavary on the right side is trying to sneak up on me. On my turn i killed 2 of his eagles with my salamander (ya screw his regen), and took out some dryads with the skink priests staff.

DoomGate
The second turn not so much...

i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah175/njharding47/LvsWE%202nd%20Turn_zpsvqrlfk1z.jpeg

The treeman charged my chameleon skinks and ran them off the board, but they caused another wound, and the salamander took another wound. He was able to kill 2 more of my saurus calvary, and the cavary unit on the right is getting closer. My hole turn sucked, two of my salamanders misfired and killed one of the crew and the other rolled a 2 and didnt kill anything. My magic did crap, the only good thing i was able to do was get my saurus calvary closer so they could charge next turn.

DoomGate
He is to busy building his warhammer quest models and replacing the circle bases with the square bases so he can add it to his fantasy collection. Here is what i know he has.

Wood elf hero
Wildrider

Wildriders*5
full command

Glaveriders*8
Full command

Glaveguard*15
Full command

Dryads*15
Boss

Warhawk riders*3

Treeman

Branchnymph
lvl 1

DoomGate
Ok so this turn was very interesting...

i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah175/njharding47/LvsWE%203rd%20Turn_zpsu2vyy6jz.jpeg

He charged my skinks with his Wildriders and I ended up wiping out the hole unit, the only one that lived was his Wood elf hero, which was able to break the skink unit by himself. The treeman took out my saurus scar veteran in a chalange, and he charged and killed one of my salamanders. The salamander in the middle (which is not there anymore) killed two of his Glaveriders and they broke, but they rallied and shot and killed the salamander leaving the crew.

DoomGate
This turn cost me the game...

i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah175/njharding47/LvWE%204th%20Turn_zpsknfiigwk.jpeg

The treeman took out my saurus calvary, and the glaveguard took out the last salamander with shooting. The Glaveriders took out a few more skinks and they were not able to rally. There is no way i am able to win this now. The next game i will be playing Wood Elves and he will be playing Skaven.

Just Tony
Seemed to me the biggest problem was that wall of untouchables in the back corner, coupled with better/farther shooting all the way around. You probably would have been better served with more Saurus regiments. Not trying to judge, just an outside observation. That, and I really think rank bonus wins this game more than shooting or magic. Hopefully we will get a good shot of your next battle.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.