· Newest Member: Sherpa1016
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
Killing Blow
Just Tony
My brother brought up an interesting point in our game. He felt that the Doombull should have been able to be killed via Killing Blow. His logic is that his Saurus characters are almost on par with that stat line, but the only difference is the base size. Following that thinking, this would also allow Ogre type models to be taken out with Killing Blow. My brother plays Lizardmen, and feels his Kroxigors should be vulnerable to said attacks.
He also thinks that Swordmasters should have had the ability with their 6th Ed. statline and abilities for 1-2 more points, but that may be a different thread in and of itself.

What do you think? Should Ogre size models be vulnerable to Killing Blow?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
Worked for David didn't it? I'm not totally against it. Try play-testing it for a while and see how it works out.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

tenpole
Killing Blow
Some warriors have honed the craft of killing into an art. Tales are told of the master swordsmen of the White Tower who can decapitate a man with one stroke of their blade - their victims barely registering the sword leaving its scabbard.
If a model with the Killing Blow special ability rolls a 6 when rolling to wound, he automatically slays his opponent without recourse to a saving throw, apart from Ward saves.
This attack is only effective against roughly man-sized opponents such as Men, Ores, Elves, Beastmen, etc.
It has no effect on big creatures such as Ogres or Dragons, or things like swarms which consist of several creatures. It can be used against models mounted on steeds or monsters as long as the riders themselves are roughly man-sized.

Just Tony
I'm aware of the actual rules, Tenpole, the point was my brother thinks that Ogre sized models SHOULD be susceptible so such an ability. He also runs Kroxigor often, so it isn't something that would only benefit him.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

tenpole
Then why not give the Kroxigors terminator armour if that is the case?

Just Tony
Okay, not sure what that was supposed to mean. His argument was that Ogres/Trolls/Minotaurs/Kroxigors aren't "real" monsters, and should be vulnerable to Killing Blow. I'd rather there be an Ogre Blade or something of the like.

blargly
At the very least it should do a guaranteed unsaveable wound in my opinion (that's how we house ruled it in 8th), as it gave zero benefit to units facing monstrous infantry units without it, whereas it should have some effect as units have been costed to benefit from it.

tenpole
Just Tony wrote:

Okay, not sure what that was supposed to mean. His argument was that Ogres/Trolls/Minotaurs/Kroxigors aren't "real" monsters, and should be vulnerable to Killing Blow. I'd rather there be an Ogre Blade or something of the like.

But it specifically mentions ogres in the ruleset as to which monsters the rules are referring to. I highlighted in bold and it is a direct copy and paste from the rules.

Just Tony
Okay, I'll try it again. My brother and I were playing a game, and he lamented that it seemed dumb that Ogre sized models couldn't be Killing Blow-ed. And that is the crux of the conversation. He is aware of the exact wording of the rule, he just disagrees with it. No different than knowing the exact wording of the Close Combat rules for 7th, and disagreeing with them.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.