· Newest Member: rvb
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer 40K » 3rd Edition
 Print Thread
Most powerful codex in 3rd edition 40k?
HidaSeku
In your opinion, which is the most powerful codex in 3rd edition 40k?

Personally, one of the joys of 3rd edition is that no list can really handle all lists that well. A list tooled for defeating Tyranid monstrous creatures with T6 and a 2+ armor save are ill suited for taking on hordes upon hordes of gaunts. That's just one army book!

However, I will have to say the most powerful codex (in my not so humble opinion) is the second Chaos Space Marines codex. There is a lot of good stuff in there, and it's a fun book. On the power level, though, it seems a bit higher than most.

What would be your pick?

Just Tony
Beyond a shadow of a doubt it was Chaos 3.5, with the Black Templar minidex immediately following it. I don't like the Tyranid codex for the customizability precedent it established which led DIRECTLY to the Chaos 3.5 codex. Most of the time, there is a trendsetter that does something odd, but not quite gamebreaking that clears the way for a Chaos book to BE game breaking.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Just Tony
Oh, forgot to add Blood Angels. Benefits with no negatives? Sure, who WOULDN'T play that?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

snyggejygge
Blood Angels & Chaos did feel a bit stronger back then, hwever it was at the end of my 40K gaming so I didnīt play all that much....

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.