· Newest Member: Sherpa1016
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » Battle Reports
 Print Thread
Dark Elves vs Orks
DoomGate
Alright let's get back into the swing of things. Me and foggynights are going to be playing 17 games at 3,000 points. The rule is we MUST take one special character. Now we split Orks and goblins into two armies, if you play Orks then all of the Goblins are +1 to their rarity (troops are special, special are rare, and you can't take rare choices). Same with Goblins (Ork troops are special and so forth). We have already played one game, sorry i should have posted it, it was High elves vs Skaven and I won! I will post my army list in a little bit, we have already chosen our special characters. Mine will be Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth, he is 945 points! Foggy will be taking Grimgore Ironhide. I will include pictures of setup/end of each turn and a summary of what happened (like I did with my previous games). I am unsure if Foggy will do the same.

Just Tony
That sounds fantastic, and I like that idea for allies rules. Not sure what kind of percentage amount should be the "main" force, though. At least over half?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

DoomGate
Malekith, Witch king of Naggaroth

Dark Riders*10
Command

Dark Elf Warriors*20
Command Shields

Dark Riders*10
Champ+Musician

Corsairs*20
Command

Assassin
Chill Blade (Any model Wounded by a Chillblade (after saves, etc),
may not attack for the rest of that combat round) Additional hand weapon

Assassin
Black Amulet 50 (5+ ward save, if the ward save is passed then the attacking
model takes 1 wound with no save and no ward save) Additional hand weapon

War hydra

Black Guard*14
Champ+Musician

Harpies*5

Cold one Knights*10
Command Banner of murder (add D6 to it charge moves, if failed moves normally)

Cold one Chariot
Total: 2999
When my Warp Lightning Cannon rolls a misfire and shoots through my hole army I consider that a successful hit. I mean who needed those clan rats anyways.

DoomGate
Well Just Tony with our rules with the Orks and goblins you are forced to take all of either orks or goblin troops depending on what army you are playing. Also they are severely limited because of the +1 rarity.
When my Warp Lightning Cannon rolls a misfire and shoots through my hole army I consider that a successful hit. I mean who needed those clan rats anyways.

HidaSeku
Sounds like a lot of fun. Definitely keep posting with updates!

Just Tony
DoomGate wrote:

Well Just Tony with our rules with the Orks and goblins you are forced to take all of either orks or goblin troops depending on what army you are playing. Also they are severely limited because of the +1 rarity.

I get that, I was thinking of stealing the idea for allying forces from other army books. Say a combined arms force of Empire and High Elves, or more fluffily a selection of Bretonnians aided by or aiding Wood Elves from Athel Loren. It also would apply to Chaos, but there's need to be a MAJOR change in what's Core, Special, and Rare as the 6th Ed. book is completely askew for that.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

DoomGate
[img]i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah175/njharding47/image1_zpsuuranwyp.jpg[/img]

This is setup. There is two goblin chariots to the far bottom right hand corner that are not in the picture because the ceiling was not high enough.

foggynight81
My army was:
Grimgor and 9 black orcs
War boss on chariot
Big boss (sword/board) w/ 30 boyz (sword/board)
Big boss on boar w/ 10 boar boys
Savage big boss w/ 25 savage big-uns
Orc chariot
2 wolf chariots
20 black orcs
20 boyz w/ 2 hw
10 arrer boyz
10 arrer boys
Giant
Pump wagon
My Hellblaster's catastrophic explosion is always counted as a successful kill.

foggynight81
Grimgor failed a terror charge from malakith and got ran down.
War boss in chariot killed the raptor chariot and helped run down
the cold one Knights.
Sword/board unit took on the corsairs and assassin and eventually ran them down.
Boar boyz got into the fight late, they charged malakith and killed him but were stuck getting whittled down by the dragon.
Savage boys killed some dark riders and the rest of the game moving.
2HW boyz got ran down by malakith.
One set of arrer boyz died to a flank charge, the other never got touched.
Black orcs got over ran by the spearmen and assassin.
Wolf chariots tied up the black guard.
Giant caused the hydra to break, then got killed by the black guard, giant fell over and killed 5 guard.
Pump wagon moved super fast and ended up in combat first, held for one turn till it died.
I won by about 900 points.
My Hellblaster's catastrophic explosion is always counted as a successful kill.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.