Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » General Discussion
 Print Thread
Warhammer Isle of Blood minis released in new AOS boxed game
Just Tony
https://www.games...f-Dawn-ENG

So it comes with squares AND rounds, and at $80 is cheaper than 8th was on the shelf. I can't help but wonder if this is a test to see if they made a mistake with the AOS launch. Not that I think they will start putting both base types in boxes, but I am an optimist at heart.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Geep
Including squares and rounds is great, but if it's a test to see how many people prefer proper Fantasy then it's flawed. Most people familiar with 8th will have the box already, and new sales will include heretics who actually use the round bases.

Selling it for that much cheaper than 8th makes me feel a bit resentful- though I guess it's probably lacking the templates and any rules (AoS is not rules).

Just Tony
I wonder how many people didn't get the boxed set because they disliked the rules changes at the time, or because they only needed a book, and could get that as DLC from GW.

It's a good price as far as sheer number of models, but it would take 3 boxes to get the Swordmasters and Lothern Sea Guard up to a viable number of models. As I want to run Eltharion's Saphery army, I'd want 4 regiments of plastic Swordmasters. That'd be $960 before taxes. Granted I'd have a MASSIVE Skaven horde army as well as enough High Elves to last me a lifetime, plus after stripping the riders enough Griffons to do a really awesome Giant's Causeway match for the Dark Shadows event (if it gets off the ground), but that is still a massive investment.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Geep
I was able to eBay enough plastic Swordmaster and Lothern Sea Guard for my WIP High Elf Army, but those models had been getting rarer. At least now the prices should be dropping again, for others who feel like following this route.

(as a random side note I've only bought enough to make units of 20 Swormasters and Sea Guard, as I prefer the 4th-6th ed rules where having 20 in an elite unit is actually quite a lot- I hate the hordes of 8th)

Just Tony
Ebaying them by individual unit would be FAR too costly for what I'd want to do. It's even worse if you are going after the Battle for Skull Pass stuff.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.