· Newest Member: MattyFenby
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
Favorite lore of magic
Just Tony
Pretty straightforward question: which is your favorite lore?

For me, if I have a mage that has the option to run Life, I run it. I'd almost consider running a DOW Wizard simply to get that lore. Also, this counts both versions of the lore, as the amended version that came out actually IMPROVED the lore rather than restricting it like the lore of Fire. Or was it Heavens? I remember a White Dwarf issue had the amended lores in the Warhammer Chronicles article, but I can't remember the issue. Hell, I can't even remember if the amended lores were in the Chronicles book that had Kislev in it, since I never got that book.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Geep
I really liked the 6th ed Wood Elf lore. No spells were incredibly powerful, but they were all very useful in certain ways. It was a lore that required thought to use well.

From the main book, I liked Life and Beasts- though that's partly just due to my Wood Elf theme.

The amended rules were great- Life and Beasts were boosted, Heavens was nerfed a bit. Since one of my usual opponents was a Lizardmen player who spammed Heavens I was well aware of how nasty it could be. I'll try and check later which chronicles book that was in.

DoomGate
The Lore of Life is a very good. Especially the 6th spell when you are against a Bretonian army. My favorite lore would be either the Lore of Nurgle or the Lore of Shadow.

Just Tony
Geep wrote:

I really liked the 6th ed Wood Elf lore. No spells were incredibly powerful, but they were all very useful in certain ways. It was a lore that required thought to use well.

From the main book, I liked Life and Beasts- though that's partly just due to my Wood Elf theme.

The amended rules were great- Life and Beasts were boosted, Heavens was nerfed a bit. Since one of my usual opponents was a Lizardmen player who spammed Heavens I was well aware of how nasty it could be. I'll try and check later which chronicles book that was in.

I'm waiting with baited breath...
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

Geep
Sorry for the delay- it's in Chronicles 2004, pages 92-95.

What's the view on sharing certain free documents on this forum?

Just Tony
We're still not clear on it, because there are certain things that were free on GW's website a decade ago that are no longer relevant to anyone but us and that was still enough to give Tiny pause. I think he's more worried about any repercussions than anything. I know I'm sitting on the lore card pdfs from ALL the lores. Well, except Death, which is still sitting in my inbox at Warseer that is unattainable since I'm banned. If I could remember the name of the person that hooked me up with them, I'd send someone to ask him/her again.

TL-DR: Best not to, just to be safe. We're working on that one.

TinyLegions
[quote]Just Tony wrote:

Well, except Death, which is still sitting in my inbox at Warseer that is unattainable since I'm banned. If I could remember the name of the person that hooked me up with them, I'd send someone to ask him/her again.
[quote]

Do you remember the topic of the conversation?
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Just Tony
I think it was the one about the archive site being down, that was one of them.

tenpole
Was it me?

Just Tony
Did you send me the PDF of the lore of Death?

TinyLegions
Originally I thought that I had it on my laptop, but I don't see it any more. So yeah, I would like to see them myself.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.