· Newest Member: JackssLobby
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » General Discussion
 Print Thread
Newer models
Just Tony
So the news broke of that Dwarf Slayer "thing" on Warseer and BOLS, and it got me thinking about the possibility of picking up newer models to flesh out any of my armies that are lacking units I'd love to have. Also spurned on by those atrocious AOS Chaos Knights, whatever the hell they are. If they are making everything in a different scale, this solves my problem quickly, but I find myself morbidly watching the news/rumors pages for ANYTHING that might fit in.

Discuss.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

sotek222
Personally, I can't stand the new GW aesthetic I started losing interest in their models in 2010 with the new Empire and Dwarf armies. I not a fan of digital sculpting. Obviously its all subjective so buy whatever you see fit but i think I'm going to be crawling ebay to finish off my armies!

Thanks,
Matthew Masiello
"Prepare to embrace your creators in the stygian haunts of hell, barbarian", gasped the first soldier.

"Only after you have kissed the fleeting stead of death, wretch!" returned Grignr.

Just Tony
Well, certain sets I think are good while some others are not. I'd love to slap down enough money to get about six Island of Blood sets to armybuild.
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
sotek222 wrote:

Personally, I can't stand the new GW aesthetic I started losing interest in their models in 2010 with the new Empire and Dwarf armies. I not a fan of digital sculpting. Obviously its all subjective so buy whatever you see fit but i think I'm going to be crawling ebay to finish off my armies!

Thanks,
Matthew Masiello

Totally agree. There was the occasional fail that GW produced, but just about everything from the 8th on didn't do anything for me.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

TinyLegions
Just Tony wrote:

Well, certain sets I think are good while some others are not. I'd love to slap down enough money to get about six Island of Blood sets to armybuild.

I would figure that they would be going on insane sale after the first of the year if not now. As more stores start to get a rid of their ageing inventory, I am sure that finding deals on that would be easier.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Just Tony
So you'd think, but go look up prices on Battle for Skull Pass. My local store had one in their store but looked up ebay to price it once I expressed interest. I said no, not for what ebay is charging.

Brr-icy
I really enjoy some of the new models, like the new Spirit Hosts for the Vampire Counts, makes the old "three guys in sheets" model look terrible. For my armies I haven't found ones that look bad, I just hate that they come with 40k bases instead of proper ones.

Geep
I agree that the spirit hosts are good, and the new all-wraith army has some decent looking wraith models (surprise!) that, depending on cost, may be a good way to get a unit of them.

For the latest models, some have potential but how they're packaged is a turn-off. Gryph hounds are kind of neat and would be fine in a Fantasy Empire army, but I'd only want a few, and the hawks on some of the sigmarines are cool- but I only want the hawks. The new shipwreck piece has potential- except that it has swimming fish sculpted on, so it'd need some work.

Just Tony
For some of the kits, it's more on how I'd port it over. Phoenixes are easy, just use them as War of the Beard Drakes. I'd really love to make a cav unit riding those White Lions from the High Elf chariot set, but it'd take me getting 10 Lions first and foremost, and then figuring the best way to build riders.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.