· Newest Member: Sherpa1016
Welcome
Welcome to Classic Hammer
View Thread
Classic Hammer » Warhammer Fantasy » 6th Edition
 Print Thread
Netlist? More like "notlist"
Just Tony
Over on that website I'm banned from some people were talking about what broke 6th, and OP units/books were brought up. Now I couldn't help but notice two things: 1. the same sort of netlists came up that pop up in pretty much every forum ie. Knight Spam, Marked Chaos Spam, Dark Rider Spam etc. And 2. our esteemed Admin said we'd be discussing this on the board.

Now my take on the 6th Ed. netlist is that it was hard to deal with if you had never gone up against it, but tended to lose steam when faced with more balanced combined arms lists. We had one Empire Knight army show up that couldn't bring numbers to bear to sufficiently win the day, he lost the tourney he showed up at. I personally faced down a Chaos Army with a 16 man Knight unit, and while I lost my dragon rider in a rather foolhardy charge, I still managed to eliminate THAT guy from the same tourney. Saw the Tzeentch Power Dice Seer Council, AND the High Elves variant. Hell, RAN that variant and lost more than I won.

In short, I don't think there were any netlists that were breaking the game. Also, as I've stated ad nauseum, I've not seen Cav units other than Bretonnians that could do enough damage on a frontal charge to sweep units.

What is your take on it? What netlists did you see and how did they fare?
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

tenpole
I bet you wish you could have replied to that thread.

Just Tony
With every fiber of my being. Guess I learned my lesson about condescending tones...
Father, soldier, musician, Transformers fan, masochistic junior moderator type thing.

TinyLegions
I don't know whether to say thank you for starting the conversation or your welcome so that you could make your peace, JT. For the record, I am of the opinion that while there are tough units but not unbeatable units in the 6th edition. Going further there are tough armies out there but none that are unbeatable in this edition.
Your Benevolent dictator

My Miniatures Blog http://www.tinyle...gspot.com/

Just Tony
In my mind the only things that were difficult to deal with were things that broke the flow of the game. Fantatics, while not game ending, proved quite problematic simply with how easily they could disrupt charges and the like. Empire detachments, though, those things can burn in hell. From a fluff reason there's no viable explanation why humans could figure out some mind-blowing tactic that the Elves, Dwarves and other elder races just seemed to miss. That, and the fact that the Empire army doesn't really pay for the rule in the first place.

foggynight81
In all the games iplay with my boys we haven't found anything overtly broken. There are units that do very very and they tend to be taken in every list. Most knight units tend to do well on the charge, but I tend to believe they should. I try to look at what units are always showing up in every list. About the only unit we have done anything with is the chaos knights unit, they are now special choice, and chosen makes them rare. Chosen warriors are special too. Dark riders, being a pain, die so fast if hit. They have seemed to be great pro/con unit. In fact I'm the only one I know of that heavily use fast Calvary, weak as they may be the are high maneuver and march block create great distractions. About the most broken things we have found in our group has been lords in general. Monster riding, 100 pts of gear, high stats tend to be devastating where they are at. We usually play 1500 and it limits the rare choices to one. Also no lords, which we have been happy with.
My Hellblaster's catastrophic explosion is always counted as a successful kill.

Just Tony
I've said it a thousand times: the way they did the Chaos books in 6th did more harm to the game than anything else. Having units that are comparable to other armies' Rare choices as Core shouldn't have been remotely on the table. It was Gav Thorpe writing it, so I shouldn't be surprised though.

snyggejygge
I liked the aspect of mixing Chaos, but tbh they couldīve done it a lot better, personally I would have done it based on which God they followed instead & then put it something like this:

Khorne example
Core:
Beastmen
Ungors
Marauders
Chaos Warriors
Horsemen
Bloodletters
Hounds

Make sure each unit has a specific strength & weakness & maybe let Marauders be the allround unit

Special:
Bestigors
chariots
Marked Warriors (basically chosen)
Knights
Harpies
Minotaurs
Ogres
Flesh Hounds

Rare:
Dragon Ogres
Bloodcrushers
Hellcannon
Big gribbly monster with various upgrades available to be used as either giant, chimera, giant daemon etc etc

Characters would have to be marked Khorne & only spellcaster available would be the lowest form of shaman. Marks only on special & rare units along with characters.

Just Tony
See, that is reasonable, and was easily done by someone not on GW payroll. What we got, there was no excuse for except for vested interest in Chaos.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.